Air Fry up a batch of eggplant for a fun snack or a great side dish!
I’m obsessed with how amazing the air fryer makes everything from burgers to vegetables and this eggplant is no exception! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, it’s perfect for snacking or dipping!
Crispy Parmesan Eggplant
Not to be confused with eggplant parmesan, this eggplant is coated in a crispy parmesan crust.
To start you’ll need an air fyer. I have this one here and I’m obsessed with it (I literally use it EVERY SINGLE DAY).
We love this easy Air Fryer Eggplant because it always turns out crispy for dipping but tender inside.
This recipe makes for a great snack or a fun side.
How To Cook Eggplant in an Air Fryer
It’s super easy to air fry eggplant, and these come out perfect in 1-2-3!
- Slice the eggplant per recipe below.
- Bread eggplant slices by dipping in flour, egg, and finally a Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture. Spray with cooking spray.
- Air Fry in a single layer until crisp.
Serve with your fave tasty dipping sauces.
Air Frying Tips
- Don’t cut the eggplant too thin, you want it to have texture.
- Salting the eggplant draws out moisture and seasons it!
- Even though some slices will be larger due to the natural shape of the eggplant, keep all of the slices the same thickness so they fry evenly.
- Air Fry in a single layer in batches. Once all batches are cooked through, you can heat them all together at 400°F for about 3-4 minutes.
Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Steak
- Juicy Air Fryer Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Did you love this Air Fryer Eggplant recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Eggplant
Slice eggplant into ⅓” slices. Sprinkle with salt and let sit 20 minutes.
While eggplant is sitting, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water in a second bowl.
Quickly rinse the eggplant and pat dry.
Dip each eggplant slice into the flour, then into the egg and finally into the bread crumb mixture. Spray each side of the eggplant with cooking spray.
Preheat air fryer to 380°F. Place in a single layer in the air fryer and cook 5 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until tender and crisp.
Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Salting the eggplant draws out moisture and seasons it!
Even though some slices will be larger due to the natural shape of the eggplant, keep all of the slices the same thickness so they fry evenly.
Air Fry in a single layer in batches. Once all batches are cooked through, you can heat them all together at 400°F for about 3-4 minutes.