Air fryer pork chops are super easy to make; brine, spice rub, air-fry!
These boneless chops are tender, juicy and only take 12 minutes to cook! A hint of sweet and a touch of heat is the perfect blend!
The Perfect Air Fryer Recipe
One of our best recipes for the air fryer, pork chops are healthy and lean yet, they cook up tender and juicy.
These pork chops only take about 12 minutes to cook in the air fryer. Dinner is on the table in no time!
The simple rub adds just the right amount of sweetness and a touch of heat.
Ingredients & Variations
PORK CHOPS Choose boneless chops about 3/4″ thick. This gives the exterior a chance to caramelize while the meat is tender and juicy.
BRINE Water, sugar, salt & peppercorns are combined to create a brine. This helps to break down tough proteins in the pork making it tender and also adds great flavor.
RUB Brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder are all that’s needed for this rub! Switch it up by adding onion powder, cayenne pepper! The brine adds salt so I skip it in the rub so it doesn’t get too salty. (If you skip the brine, add salt to the rub).
VARIATIONS Try different herbs and spices like garlic, or rosemary leaves, or even bay leaves to the marinating brine. A pre-packaged or homemade spice mix like a taco, chili, fajita, or even ranch seasoning can be used for the rub!
How to Cook Pork Chops in Air Fryer
Air fryer cooking is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Prepare brine, let cool completely. Prepare rub and set aside.
- Brine chops and pat dry. Apply rub evenly.
- Air fry until tender, remove & let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Choose chops that are of uniform size and shape so they all cook evenly.
- Be sure to pat them dry with a paper towel so the rub sticks to the meat.
- If you skip the brine, add salt to the rub!
- Make sure the air fryer is pre-heated so that the pork chops can begin to cook as soon as they are put in.
More Perfect Pork Chops
- Breaded Pork Chops (Baked) – crispy & juicy
- Honey Glazed Mushroom Pork Chops – smothered in sauce
- Grilled Pork Chops – light & tangy marinade
- Crock Pot Pork Chops – with flavorful gravy
- Instant Pot Pork Chops – a family favorite
Did you love these Air Fryer Pork Chops? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops 3/4 inch thick
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Combine brine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once sugar and salt are dissolved, remove from heat and cool completely.
Pour cooled brine over pork chops and let sit at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Drain well and dab dry with a paper towel.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Mix rub ingredients and massage into pork chops.
Place pork chops in the air fryer basket and cook 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes or until chops reach 145°F. Do not overcook.
Rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Thinner chops will need less time while thicker chops may need an extra minute or two. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork chops do not overcook.
The pork should be cooked to 145°F. I remove the pork at 140°F as the temperature will continue to rise as it rests. Do not overcook.