Air fryer shrimp is the perfect bite with tender shrimp in a crispy seasoned Panko coating.
Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp
We love this recipe because it’s delicious and healthier than deep-fried shrimp.
This recipe not only is a healthy version of a popular appetizer, but it’s easy and everyone loves it!
SHRIMP Choose large shrimp that are peeled and deveined. You can choose shrimp with or without tails.
Fresh or frozen will both work great, if using frozen just make sure they’re thawed and drained (and dabbed dry so the coating will stick)!
BREADING Lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, seasoned breadcrumbs, and Panko breadcrumbs are all used to create the crispy, flavorful breading for this shrimp!
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp
It’s as quick as anything to make shrimp in the air fryer!
- Prep Coatings: Prep the bread crumb and flour mixtures (per recipe below).
- Bread Shrimp: Dip shrimp in flour, egg, then Panko, being sure to coat thoroughly.
- Cook in Air Fryer: Spray shrimp with cooking spray and place in air fryer basket. Cook on high until shrimp are crispy.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – so tender & juicy
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls – crispy & delicious
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops – so easy to make
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – perfect for dipping
- Air Fryer Steak – from fresh or frozen
Did you make these Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ¾ pound large shrimp with tails peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
Combine flour and half of the seasonings. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and remaining seasonings.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Toss shrimp in the flour mixture. Remove a shrimp from the flour mixture and dip in egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Lightly spray shrimp with cooking spray.
Add a single layer of shrimp to the air fryer basket. Cook 4 minutes.
Flip shrimp over, spritz with cooking spray and cook an additional 4 minutes or just until cooked through and crispy.
Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Serve with cocktail sauce.
Leftovers will last up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
To reheat, place on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for up to 10 minutes or until crispy.