Garlic Roasted Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish that makes a simple veggie taste amazing!
This recipe needs just a few simple ingredients and it is perfectly oven-roasted for heaps of flavor with little effort.
Veggies With Extra Flavor
Making roasted veggies is a great way to add an extra layer of flavor with little effort.
Ready in 15 minutes and 4 simple ingredients this recipe is the perfect last-minute side dish.
It’s great added to casseroles or even chilled and added to salads.
Ingredients & Variations
BROCCOLI Roasted broccoli is a simple and delicious side dish that takes hardly any time to roast. This recipe would also be delicious with a cauliflower or a combination of the two!
For extra crunch try adding baby corn or sliced carrots or potatoes (par-cooked first). For extra flavor try roasted bell peppers, whole mushrooms, onions, or butternut squash pieces.
Can you roast frozen broccoli? You sure can! Frozen broccoli has already been washed and trimmed. Add olive oil and roast for 25-30 minutes.
SEASONINGS Keep it simple and toss the broccoli with garlic and olive oil before roasting.
The garlic cloves can be replaced with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder or a teaspoon of garlic salt! If using garlic salt don’t forget to adjust the additional salt you add to this recipe.
How to Roast Broccoli
This dish is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to make!
- Wash and prep broccoli florets (per recipe below).
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake until tender-crisp.
Ready in 15 minutes this easy side dish is a perfect pair with any entree!
How Long to Roast Broccoli
Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes, 16 to 20 minutes for very browned broccoli.
To make roasted broccoli with cheese, after roasting, sprinkle on parmesan cheese, then place under the broiler for about two minutes.
What to Serve it With
Crispy roasted garlic broccoli makes a great side dish to any entrée!
Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Grilled Cauliflower Steak – healthy, quick & simple
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – perfectly tender & crisp
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables – sensational side
- Easy Baked Cauliflower – simple to prep
- Boiled Cabbage – ready in 15 mins!
Did you enjoy this Roasted Broccoli? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crispy Roasted Garlic Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Toss broccoli with remaining ingredients and ensure each piece is well coated with olive oil. Place on a baking pan.
Roast 10-12 minutes or until tender-crisp. Move to the top rack of the oven and broil 1 minute if desired.
- Do not cut broccoli too small or it will overcook before it has a chance to crisp.
- Frozen broccoli can be used as well. Since it’s par-boiled before frozen it develops a caramelized color and smoky flavor when baked.
- Bake with other veggies including baby corn, par-boiled carrots or potatoes, bell peppers, whole mushrooms, onions or butternut squash.