The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID; Washington, D.C.) has released its annual Outlook and State of Interior Design Report, which looks at relevant changes in the industry related to global trends, economic indicators, and the future.
Compiled by ASID’s research division, this year’s findings include:
- Health and wellness have become top priorities for individuals and institutions.
- Increases in the aging population and decreases in birth rate over time have transformed the population distribution with each generation requiring different lifestyles and needs.
- Awareness of providing good design to everyone, creating a greater stock of affordable housing, and adding diversity in leadership positions has grown.
- Sustainability has become a bottom-line concern.
- Virtual technologies to replicate the human interaction/experience will become more mainstream as a way of doing business, including how designers work.
For more information on the report, go to www.asid.org.