The editors of Healthcare Design magazine selected this year’s winners of the HCD 10 professional awards program.
The HCD 10 honors industry members across 10 categories of nominees, celebrating the broad spectrum of outstanding professionals in our industry. Specifically, the program recognizes accomplishments over the 12 months prior to the nomination period (spring 2021), with a focus on how individuals/organizations influenced projects and/or the industry for the better.
This year, the program celebrates achievements across its 10 traditional categories as well as one additional category, Industry MVP, a recognition of outstanding achievements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are the 2021 HCD 10:
- Architect—Douglas King, vice president, national healthcare sector lead, Project Management Advisors Inc., Chicago
- Interior Designer—Edwin Beltran, design principal, NBBJ, Columbus, Ohio
- Owner—Ramé Hemstreet, vice president of operations, national facilities services; chief energy officer, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
- Clinician—Karin Henderson, executive director of strategic management, Cone Health, Greensboro, N.C.
- Facility Manager—Jonathan Hunley, director of infrastructure, Bon Secours Mercy Health, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Building Professional—Walt Vernon, CEO, Mazzetti; CEO, Sextant, San Francisco
- Educator—Hui Cai, chair, Department of Architecture; associate director, Institute of Health and Wellness Design, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kan.
- Researcher—Kara Freihoefer, director of research, HGA, Madison, Wis.
- Team MVP—Dan Patarozzi, project executive, Skanska, New York
- Industry MVP—Molly Scanlon, director of standards, compliance, and research, Phigenics
- Outstanding Organization—Perkins Eastman, New York
Coverage of the winners and their contributions to the industry will appear in the September issue of Healthcare Design and online.
The 2021 HCD 10 will be celebrated in person during an awards gala at the upcoming HCD Forum to take place Sept. 13-15 in Santa Fe, N.M., as well as during the magazine’s awards luncheon to be held during the Healthcare Design Expo & Conference scheduled for Oct. 23-26 in Cleveland.