The $184 million, seven-story Silvestri Tower has 90 private patient rooms, including 30 in a new intensive care unit and 60 for acute care patients. The 240,000-square-foot project also added a pre- and post-op surgery unit and a gastrointestinal/endoscopy suite, as well as a kitchen to deliver personalized room service for patients.
Other features of the new tower include:
- a front entrance with covered drop-off.
- two-story, light-filled lobby.
- registration, pre-admission testing, gift shop and coffee shop.
- family space in the patient rooms and waiting areas and private family consult areas on each patient care floor.
- atrium café with access to an outdoor dining terrace and amphitheater seating.
- 850-space parking garage with electric vehicle charging stations.
The tower’s opening marks the conclusion of the final phase of an overall $222 million construction project at the hospital. The first phase, completed in 2019, included an eight-level, enclosed parking facility.